Looking seriously at buying a SX 900 / 700 in the near future and have a few questions to ask the group.

Some background:

I'm trying to avoid paying for features/sounds/etc. I'm unlikely to use. Also, It would be in my interest to reduce the total amount of weight I'm lugging around.

I use a PSRS970, running 1/4' cables out - one goes to the TC Helicon old Voice live rack unit, the other goes into a channel on my powered mixer. There's also a midi cable running from the kb to the back of the TCH, too... My vocal likewise goes inot the rear of the TCH.

I run two patch cables from the TCH to a stero channel on my mixer, then run one cable from the mono (L) out of the mixer to the Bose Compact input...

It sounds clear, strong and I've been really happy with it for a long time. I play everything from Tin Pan Alley to 70's and 80's rock, country, R&B, Motown, Gospel, etc...Audiences are getting younger every month and I'm enjoying playing more contemporary material. I'm using a mix of styles, no accompaniment, MP3 files for my songs...

What I'm curious about is this:

Q: Could I run a mic into the SX900 / 700 and add a pedal to control the kb's harmony? Would that eliminate the following gear:

TC Helicon Voicelive rack & footswitch
Two 14" cables from the kb and the Midi cable
The powered mixer
The utility stand
Etc.

The biggest concern is the on board harmonizer and how it sounds compared to the TCH unit. I listened to the one you tube I could find last night and the on board harmonizer sounded pretty good, but its hard to really tell from a you tube video.

I'd really appreciate any sort of advice, feedback, suggestions that anyone has.

Thanks!