I'm not an expert on ANYTHING musical but I try to make my music a MUSICAL experience and not an intellectual exercise. I don't want to overthink what I'm doing, I just want to play what I FEEL and what sounds good to MY ears. For instance, I NEVER use a mod wheel/stick; that may come from a lifetime of playing organ (years before synths arrived smile ), but for the kind of playing I do and the kinds of emulations I employ, I find that just touch-sensitive keys can convey all the dynamics that I require for non-keyboard instrument emulation (I pretty much stay away from blues guitar solos). But that's just ME. I don't think there is a right or wrong approach to emulating other instruments or just making music in general; as long as it sounds good and you don't worship at the alter of authenticity. A big help is listening to a master on the instrument you're trying to emulate and try to understand how THEY use the instrument. You also have to bear in mind that some instruments just don't lend themselves well to emulation on a keyboard. But in the end, like all things musical, it's all subjective. For the record, IMO the sax is one of the hardest of the popular instruments to emulate. If you can, just get a good sax player and forget about it smile smile smile.

chas