Hi Glen, I'm not much of a blues singer (or singer at all really) but when I have to sing a blues on solo gigs my go to is also Kansas City. I do it in Bb. I also sing Route 66 in F. I do a few old time rock n' roll and country songs that follows the basic 12 bar blues progression too, stuff like Jonny B Good, and Blue Suede shoes. I love to sing Folsom Prison Blues to. I haven't played at the senior homes for since COVID so I'm a little rusty on that material. These days I'm doing all Latin at bars, restaurants and parties.

Anyways, I do study on more jazz blues. Stuff like Bags Goove, Billies Bounce, Blues for Alice, Equinox, Sandu, Tenor Madness, West Coast Blues....

These are the types of tunes jazzers like to play on jam session, that most non musician don't know, but I am enjoying playing and studying this material for my own personal growth, if you dig.

I'd also like to get deeper into some early Chicago blues, Boogie Woogie.

I think all the great rock, country, funk, R&B, gospel, Latin , reggae, and of course jazz musicians, all have a very good foundation in the blues. It's our common language.

Edited by montunoman (08/06/22 09:15 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache