I have seen reports that the old psr 3000 was fundamentally better than the 950, minus the OS enhancements. I favored the sound of my s910 after I bought my s950. The problem is that you seem to give up something to gain the goodies in the new. I have GAS (both kinds) for years. I am more of a scatter gun player, using whatever tool I have in my arsenal to get the tunes out there in a respectable manner. I have thousands of songs on my six keyboards that affords me all of the variety I could ever need.

The keep and "make it your own" approach has much merit with musicians that have a technical bent and/or that are determined to perfect their registrations and learn the deeper functions.

Donny has been a great performer for a long time. He knows what he wants, but has had to go through more keyboards than I even, to get there. I think we both are similar in the respect that I am willing to spend just so much time to see if a board is a suitable partner for me. Most likely it is not the arrangers fault, but it has to fit in with my way of doing things, or the time expenditure is not worth it.

Considering the amount of time we spend with our music, who can say anybody is wrong.