Hey folks, been a while since I posted here. I’ve owned the Yamaha DGX-670 since they were released (with stand and full 3 pedal unit). Why is Yamaha now restricting access to the XG/GM/GM2 sounds to the STYLE section, and not allowing direct access to these voices via MAIN voice selection? Those voices have always been beneficial to linear sequencing when you need a voice that just sits well within a mix. Yamaha’s XG/GM sound set has always been strong in this area IMO.

It’s also frustrating that the Alto Sax within the normal voice selection really doesn’t work well for solo work, but the Alto Sax that actually sounds pretty good (and better with basic EQ and effects adjustments) is locked away in a group of sounds I can only access via style editing and recording. Is Yamaha doing this on their current mid to high end arrangers too? It used to be that you could access the XG/GM set under the LEGACY tab within normal voice selection.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.