Originally Posted By cgiles
John, I think it's wonderful that you still find so much joy in playing music at this stage of your life. And Bernie, still gigging at 80. Fantastic! To both of you, let me say, it's what we all aspire to. But first, we have to live that long...and that means taking care of our health. I, myself, have just concluded cataract surgery to both eyes (with strong encouragement from Capt Russ). I can now see the charts and so therefore no more excuses for all those bad notes smile. My latest eye exam showed my eyesight restored to 20/20 but I still need reading glasses for small print....a minor inconvenience since I can now watch TV without glasses (when I say TV, I mean football smile ).

So to all you other lazy ol' farts out there, John and Bernie should be an inspiration to you...and a reminder that "it aint over 'til it's over'. Just keep on keepin' on (sorry, I love cliche's).

chas

Good for you Chas! And kudos to all that keep on. I just turned 71 and I can't see any slowdown at this point. In fact, music is even more exciting with my new toys. Gigging all the time still and loving every minute.

Happy football. Missed the game last night, but figured out more about my new board. Better use of time...

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300