Hi Graham, On the KN6000, Part 4 operates in Easy Record, exactly the same as it does on the KN7000 - just as I described above. However, I suppose if you did a complete Real Time Record sequence, you may be able to assign Part 4 to other functions - I've never tried it
As far as the KN Manual is concerned, I think it must be an error in translation on Page 48.
I omitted to mention the ability to control the relative volume level of the harmony, by using Part 4 - thanks to Mike and Marilyn for poining this out. This is a very useful function since it is often the case, when using CONDUCTOR, that the harmony drowns the melody note.
To extend this thought a little further, if you don't want to use RT2 voice as a melody voice, you can assign Technichord to RIGHT2, but don't select it on the front panel. You can then select the Harmony voice Instrument more easily, by just selecting it in the 'Sound Group', without having to go through the 'Program Menu/Sound' etc procedure. Also, the Harmony level can be set using RT2 slider, instead of having to change to the 'Other Parts' page.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)