The place to setup your Startup setup is first to create a Performance (including the style), edit it how you want in the Performance Edit, then do a ‘Save as Default’. However, you can ONLY use ROM styles in that Startup Default setting. I guess this is so that the keyboard will boot if you don’t have your USB stick in the slot. You have probably tried to use a User Style, right?

But no, unfortunately, the Tempo parameter (in Arranger Settings) is not memorized. Despite several models having the same issue, it has not been changed despite many requests. I guess there are two ways to look at it...

For auditioning similar styles at the same tempo, you probably need Auto. But auditioning styles of different types, you might want them at the preset tempo (so a polka after a ballad doesn’t crawl!).

I have my startup default setup ready to go, and changing that setting is the ONLY thing I need to remembered do, and even that doesn’t need to be touched if you use Performances and aren’t auditioning styles.

No doubt if the default setting was Auto, the people that want the style’s default tempo would be the ones complaining..! It’s simply one of those ‘You can’t please all of the people all of the time’ things!

But yes, the parameter SHOULD be stored in the default setup...

Edited by Diki (03/13/21 12:32 PM)