It's always sad to see someone's true character exposed and it turns out not to be what you expected it to be. Is it just wishful thinking to assume that most people are basically 'good'? I certainly hope not but the events on this forum in the last few days certainly has me scratching my head. For the fifteen years that I have been here, the members of this forum have unanimously praised Nigel for administering and maintaining what most considered the best forum of it's type on the 'net. Then, following the lead of one 'respected' (depending on who you talk to) long-time member, a group of elderly, conservative, Trump followers suddenly decided that they too could no longer abide by what was 'going on' in the BAR. THE BAR!!!, which was specifically set up to provide a safe place to discuss 'WHATEVER' as long as it followed well spelled-out rules. In the current situation, NONE of these rules were violated. The obvious and reasonable response would be to simply NOT VISIT THE BAR, a separate open forum unrelated to ANY of the other MUSIC forums. Ahhh, Judas Escariot lives! Now suddenly Nigel is the worst person ever, almost as bad as chas smile. One of the defectors even thinks (his) God is being ridiculed. I suppose that's a reference to my Nietzsche quote but again, First Amendment, Freedom of Religion, etc., etc. Anyhow, it's interesting to see so many old men so eager to be on the wrong side of history. Biden may not be the best possible candidate but, like old age, it sure beats the alternative.

chas