Originally Posted By Dnj

I always wanted to add this arpeggio run technic to
my keyboard playing skills. This method makes sense
and easy to follow along step by step...with practice in a month or so it could be done.. keys

How many of you also think this could be done in a month?

I learned to play fast arpeggios years ago. But NOT on the left hand. This time around, and about six months ago, I decided I wanted to play left hand also. So I started a dedicated program. Every single day, nothing but left hand arpeggios, broken chords, scale runs, intervals, etc....all on the left hand.

On the right hand I took any song and played the song slowly on my right hand. Songs with many non-traditional chord progressions. The Impossible Dream, As Time Goes by, etc. Stop on each chord, hold the chord down, and play your left hand arpeggio OR scale run against the chord.

If you really want a workout....play the songs in different keys. Repeat until you can hear the progressions as they reveal themselves...and....your pitch recognition becomes fine tuned.

Six months now and it's just starting to work for me. A lot of practice, but I'm lucky....I'd rather do technical exercises at home than play songs. Playing songs is for when I play out.

Well...back to the "keyboard of the day" posts.