From what I can tell based on comments posted at Casio’s forum, the OS is unstable. People are now reporting issues with memory storage, sounds and samples just disappearing. When I reported my latest issue, the test song I created didn’t even save like it was supposed to. I do remember having an entire custom drum kit I edited just vanish one day. I still think my OS has just reached a point of corruption that can’t be fixed with a factory restore.

The MZ-2000 was very stable. Casio could have literally re-released that board with an updated sound chip and it would have sold. The MZ-2000 has drawbars with sliders, mic input with basic effects, full midi sequencer with proper style recording, AFTERTOUCH, great speakers, and an amazing synth engine that was very in-depth.

Sqk

Edited by squeak_D (02/23/20 09:45 AM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.