After getting the excellent "How Do I ..." book for my KN6500, from Walt Tenay publications I got inspired to have a go at arranging a backing track for "Eye of the Tiger". There is an insistent 16 beat ( "Dugga Dugga Dugga Dugga" ) running through this song on a single note played on a guitar to give the idea of someone running. "Ideal for the Performance Pads" I thought, nice and simple. I programmed up a 2 bar loop with these notes, but when I came to use them they change with the chord being played in the APC. Not what this song needs. OK, so thats normally whats wanted, so I had a fish through the "Chord Modify Change" and got hopelessly confused. More by luck than judgement I managed to set the function to :
Group - Special, Function - Through
which seems to keep the same note going irrespective of what chord is being played. I dont want to put this onto the seqeuncer as I want the flexibility that the performance pad gives. Does anyone out there know how this function works or can point me in the direction of a good book describing this function ?.

The other functions are arranged by group:

Group Function
MELODY In 7th G->Bb
Basic
In 7th C->Bb
Maj Incl F
etc.
CHORD Basic CEG
Rock CG
Tension CEGB
etc.
SPECIAL Keep near C
Through
Root Shift
Pad Solo

Can anyone give me a brief idea of what these do, so I can do some experimentation ?.

Thanks ever so

Keith