Originally Posted By Bernie9
Hi Randy,
Rikki beat me to it. I plain loved it, not only for the trombove voice, but how you played it. Your years with the sax has,indeed, given you an edge, like Don does with the guitar. Those little embellishments make all the difference, and, supports the notion the it is the player, not the keyboard.

You guys can poo poo all you want, but Sweet Trombone on my lowly 970 is almost as good. If I knew how to lengthen the attack and make it a bit more legato, it would be even better.

Bernie - thanks so much! I do notice that when I play the horn sounds on the keyboard, I feel more like a horn player playing a horn than a horn player playing the keyboard. That is a testament to the quality of sounds that Yamaha (Korg, Roland, et al) have built into these instruments. So the instrument truly does inspire me to do my best to execute the music as it would be done by a trombone player in this case. So I am most grateful that you think I did it justice!

I also agree that the trombone sound is SWEET! Just a nice touch of vibrato in there and a nice mellow sound. The attack on the Genos has an edge for sure (as you'd expect). But as a guy who served 8 years in the Air Force band surrounded by trombone players, I am quite content with the quality of sounds I get from this keyboard. I salute and envy the Genos owners but am very happy with my keyboard!

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Since i'm at it, one more observaion; How soon some people dismiss their prior keyboards as crap as soon as the new one arrives. I suppose it is protecting their decision to spend the big bucks. I say enjoy what you have, but don't naysay others, who, in your opinion, have a lesser instrument, when it could be just right for them.

Thanks for that too. Could not agree with you more! One thing I love about SZ is that we (hopefully) are all in here for the fun of just using arrangers and learning from others how to have even more fun with these wonderful inventions. Specifically, that is, arrangers of all types, sizes, manufacturers, and prices. Kinda like a car club where you have a guy who absolutely loves and would not give up his VW Beetle - yet he gets along great with the guy with the Jaguar. They are both happy for each other!

Thanks again for your kind words and for the listen! Happy Holidays Bernie!

PS - parting with my S970 was a very tough choice. Thank goodness Yamaha "Grandfathered" so many wonderful features and sounds from the S-line into the SX900. Combining the best of the S-line and adding many of the desirable features from the Genos was a wise move.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"