Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
With much respect, I have to say that very often, our "seasoned" citizens are intensely connected to, and moved by music. Not just the songs from their youth, but all types. When I do a nursing home, or retirement center, I give them a variety show - with everything from Big Bands to Broadway, and Roaring 20s to Rock & Roll. They love the energy, the beat, and the catchy sing-a-long choruses. Many of the residents remember every word to a 75 year old song, even though they've forgotten what they had for breakfast. This is very common, and very touching to witness.

Then, there's the staff - they often play along, and dance to the music to get the crowd into it. Lastly ... there's the PERFORMER (US!) If the sounds inspire US to do a good job, then the audience will feed off the energy. They will share the smiles with us, and we can take the journey down memory lane together. It's a privilege that few other jobs offer., so please don't prejudge the crowd by their conditions, or ages. They might be more in tune with the program than you think!

Dave, right on with your statements ...
At a pretty upscale A/L venue a woman came up to me and said "Thank you, so much ... Your performance is so different from others" ... I asked what she meant and she said "You're so lively" ...