I love most of the sounds on the EA7, Sax, Piano, Drums, Organs, Horns, Strings...
My main sounds are guitar, sax, fiddle, harmonica, organ and piano, and there are plenty of really good ones.
The guitars are very usable, and can be made really excellent with just a little tweaking.
I've had no trouble finding styles that I need, for any genre.
It weighs 18 pounds. I like the keys a lot. There are multiple assignable sliders and pads, and they are located very well. There are buttons for almost everything, it is a dream to operate on the fly.
There are sliders to instantly adjust the volume of lead sounds and style parts.
There are four intros and four endings, plus three right hand and one left hand sounds. There is a Favorite Sound bank to store, select and call up the sounds you use most.
I have found it sounds great right out of the box. I have all e.q.s set flat!
The drawbacks are few, and they include no text display, although there IS midi lyrics display. The Performance Banks are limited to 100 entries, but you can have as many banks as you like. The mic processor sounds very good, but there is no vocal harmony.
While it now has a Break/Fill button, all it does is silence everything. However, Roland has reprogrammed many of the intros to act as break. I use them a lot, and haven't missed the true break/fill as much as on previous Rolands.
There are multipads, but they have little content available, unless you make or load your own.
It is a real bargain when you compare it to other middle-of-the line arrangers. Even if I decide to purchase a new arranger, the EA7 will remain in my arsenal for a long time.