SX900 arrived Sat. PM just after I left for work. My wife dragged it into the house for me (not easy when you’re disabled). Got home around 5:30 am from work, so was too shot out to mess with it. Got up around 10am and decided to check it out. First thing I noticed was how beat up the outer box was. They could have at least put casters on it if they were gonna to drag it behind the truck.

The inner box was better, but it also appeared to have been opened. My first thought was...they sent me Donny’s returned unit, but they at least included candy. Besides...Chuck Surack wouldn’t do that to me...I was one of his first customers, buying sounds for my Kurzweil K250 from him back in the 80’s.

Fired the unit up and did some preliminary sound checks and I have to say, the SX900 sounds excellent. Revo drum samples sound great. Just wish they had more of them. The styles I checked out seemed very nice. Stumbled across the Legacy sounds which added a lot of the 970 sounds I was looking for.

The biggest change I noticed was the overall sound quality. Man...listening through my studio phones I swear my testicles were vibrating (sorry if I offended anyone)with the low end of an edm style.

I love the touch screen. It makes the old fashioned buttons around the screen seem archaic.

That's all for now. I will keep you posted. I have to say that so far...I'm pretty impressed.

Thanks,
JM