Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Originally Posted By Dnj
Ricky are you saying some of the older Styles of the same name etc.. sound better than the new ones in the sx900?

Hi Donny ,
No.
I’m asking about styles that don’t exist in the sx900.
So far I have somewhere between 50 to 200 styles from earlier models. Ie psrs , tyros, even Genos. As you well know, styles get carried forward from model to model, but there are always some new ones, and some get left out. I’m finding the ones that they dropped over the years.
Most sound quite good even without any tweaking. But , I think some model keyboards styles, seem to play better / sound better on the sx than others.
Hence I was asking about the T 4 styles, since Danny has both keyboards.

Reason I can’t give an exact figure is, some of the sx styles have new names, so bit hard to tell which are double ups, but I’m getting there.

I have a couple or so styles that I use that go right back to the 9000pro and psr2000. I use them, so I’ll fix them. I did them for my Korg, a lot easier to tweak them for psr.

Hi Rikki,

One thing I have noticed and I am sure many others would have as well is that even though styles are duplicated or reworked across the generations, they may appear to sound exactly the same on the surface but a lot of them do have some subtle changes such as different intros and fill in's which can make a difference. For example whilst I was going through the SX900 styles, the style StadiumRock has a different fill in to the on the T4 which I don't prefer, so if when I use this style I will select the T4 version from the USB. I suppose you'll only know the difference from styles you use a lot. I know there's a few out there that have changed so it's always worth having every version you can get hold of.