Just saw an interview with Jimmy Carter by Andrea Mitchell. 95 years old with a black eye and nasty cut from a fall a few days ago. He was on site (and working) at a Habitat for Humanity 'build' in Tennessee. I was almost in tears (of admiration) and felt so grateful to have had the honor and privilege of being on at least one build with him (and wife Rosalind). It's actually hard to volunteer on a site where he's going to be because the number of volunteers literally quadruple when it's one of 'his' builds. Although I can't physically do it anymore (I've done five over the years), I still contribute a small amount each year, specifying that it go to Musicians Village in New Orleans.

I have so much admiration and respect for this wonderful man who, regardless of your politics, left no doubt about his moral character. How far we have strayed. I'm not saying everything was perfect during that time period, but at least we had MORAL leadership and the negativity and divisiveness such as plagues the nation, at least didn't start at the top. It's easy to understand one corrupt and morally challenged individual but much harder to explain the third of the country that supports him. My god, were they always there? Clearly, America has a way to go before declaring itself the moral leader of the 'free???' world. (free for some, certainly not free for all). Sorry for the rant, just reminiscing for days gone by.

chas

Edited by cgiles (10/08/19 04:40 PM)