Tony
Your right as I think my reason is also. Its still the Adrenilin rush.
The question came to me as I Just finished the book Good Lovin" by Gene Cornish of the Rascals. Sort of disjointed writing but it constantly mentions each of them trying to get gigs with various bands after the Rascals and it seems all of them except Eddie needed the money. ( Gene blew his up his nose ) Felix is still touring with a tribute group and the reason the "Once Upon a Dream " tour was abruptly canelled was arguments over money. I think at that point they would be thrilled to forget all the past BS and finally get back together and get in front of long time fans and just rock out again. Thye were promised 10K a night each and at first got it but shortly thereafter it was cut to 5K as expenses for the tour were so high. 5K a night with all expenses paid ain't bad for having a great time IMHO
BYW I got to see the show on the last leg of the tour. They and the audience had a ball Awesome !