Has anyone tried to use a wireless transmitter to transfer the audio from their keyboard (or other instrument) to a remote speaker? I thought that a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver could be used for this purpose, but even with the lowest latency available in BT codecs, there is a noticeable latency even at only 20 feet away.

Sennheiser makes a UHF (2.4 Ghz) transmitter/receiver combo which looks like it works great (marketed for DJs to avoid long cable runs), but the price is really high.

Wondering if anyone on SZ has dabbled in this area and has any suggestions? Ultimately, I would like to play backing tracks on the Bose Compact while being able to stroll around a restaurant playing my sax with a small battery powered speaker on my belt. Just don't see it happening anytime soon..... I looked at the Alto Stealth combo but the receiver requires AC power -- which nixes my ability to walk around. Any ideas would be most appreciated!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"