It is all a matter of taste and Budget! We own one of the Ensemble Series Technics (PR-804), and this is our 2nd Technics Digital Piano. I have not played any of the Technics Keyboards,So I cannot vouch for their Sound, but the Technics Digital pianos, in my opinion have a very superior piano sound. My wife plays on the Roland Digital at our church, It is a $10,000+ digital in the form of a grand Piano. And even though it is a bit easier to record on, she thinks it sounds like you are playing in a tin can. But she has always enjoyed the Technics sound.

So there is the biased answer, but what can one expect from a Technics Discussion? My sugesstion is to try a number of instruments, and find the one that does what you want it to, and has the sound you are looking for, you will find that each manufacture has their own strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't recommend a PR804 to every musician, but for my wife, who plays by ear, it is perfect!

The Salesmen we dealt with let my wife play on any instrument she wanted to, and that is really the best way to pick one out, explore different instruments, and find one the "Sounds right".

Happy Hunting!

Indy