I was hoping he'd program a simple waltz, but I don't think anyone under middle age even knows what a waltz is.

He's a really good musician. A natural player. Impressed with him playing those bass lines so fluently with his left hand. Also impressed with the dedication he shows to that machine. You don't learn that stuff overnight.

Yes, everything IS changing in the music industry...rapidly. Everyone says to make your own styles. Watching this video (though I didn't watch it all) woke me up to that. I don't think it's THAT difficult to make up or modify a style if you're (or is it "your?") putting together R&R, funk, R&B, etc. It's the traditional stuff that stumps me. I still can't find a decent cha-cha and I wouldn't know where to start to put one together.

I play everything but my forte and passion is "traditional" stuff. No market for it but it's something I enjoy.

I'm glad Spalding posted this video. It made me realize that I'm going to have to learn somewhere how to make up my own styles. That "project" will replace the project I just completed....learning Windows 10!