No deep, heavy duty, philosophical thinking here. Just odds and ends.

I went to Guitar Center to audition a Yamaha digital piano and they had a PA1000 also. Spent an hour on it. I was mistaken about Donny's new Korg I thought that's what HE bought (but I just figured out he bought a 700).

Odds and ends comments: there were no "fill' buttons on it. I saw intro, endings, break, etc but....no fill buttons. Isn't that a little odd for a $2k keyboard?

Ease of use (for me)...changing instruments easily during a song. Styles seemed to be a step up from my PA3x in this way. The "variations" sound like variations. i.e as I went 1 through to 4, the styles changed enough to actually sound like a variation. On the PA3x, each one only adds an instrument or two to the preceding one. So you really don't hear a change, just an embellishment.

I didn't notice anything outstanding about this keyboard that would make me want to spend $2K.

Then again, though I spent an hour playing with it, I was only listening through the onboard speakers. Asked for some amplification, and they gave me their standard bass amplifier they use for demo's. I sounded better through the onboards.

Flutes and violins and strings were atrocious. They can't be that bad because they sound good on my 3x. I must have been doing something wrong.

But out of curiosity, aside from the 4x which of the other Korg arrangers do any of you like and is good value for the buck, I really need a knock-about, carry under your arm new arranger.

Oh, and I tried the QSC powered speakers and the EV ZLX 12P. I thought the QSC sounded muddy and the EV's don't sound as good as my old EV's I'm using now. I've only ever used EV's so I'm quite familiar with the EV sound. The salesperson was kind enough to advise me that speaker manufacturers are cutting down on the quality of the components. No different from any other company. Anyone else notice a difference in sound between new and old?

Almost forgot. Anyone familiar with the Yamaha CP73 stage piano? Yamaha CP73