Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I trust you are not judging the sound by what you hear through your PC sound system that is most certainly not a fair comparison, in more ways than one. I have heard the KN7000 live, as have a few other members of the forum and can definitely say that it sounds superb to me. I respectfully suggest that you reserve judgement, until you hear the 'Real Thing'

Wether it "sounds superb" is relative.
The audio recordings were high enough quality to leave me disappointed. The sampled sounds just sounded, well, dull and lifeless. There's no other way to put it. The guitars still sound fake, the vocals were annoyingly sterile (you can obviously tell the samples are short and stretched pretty far across the keyboard). Oh well, not that I expected chromaticly sampled instruments but still.

Seriously, having gotten used to sound libraries where a single instrument can be as large as 600 megs or even bigger it's no surprise I'm disappointed. I just expect too much from a consumer keyboard.

E.g. I have some amazing sounding acoustic guitars here, but these are ~30 megs a piece. Meaning one instrument alone would take up about half the available sample rom of the KN7000. Oh well, guess that means my PR703 will be my last technics instrument.