Hi - I have played with a live drummer (and bass and guitar) using my arranger keyboard - but I always have the styles OFF when doing so. In my solo and duo situations, I use the styles extensively. So for the "full band" situation (with drummer) I'm really using the keyboard as a keyboard only, no styles. I've occasionally (at a jam or practice) turned on the Style, to show the band a new song for example, and had the drummer drum along to it. It was OK but either he had to play quiet and let the style "lead", or it wouldn't have worked. I don't think I'd try it live (in public) w/o a lot of practice with the drummer.

I've been on a lot of cruises, and many times the big shows on the cruise ships have a 5-6-7 or so piece band, and for some very intricate shows, they have pre-recorded tracks playing also. I assume the drummer has a click as he's wearing headphone or in-ears. I also assume that the drummer has to be REALLY good at, and well-rehearsed at, following a click. For those shows, it is spot-on, very good quality, so the drummer has to be really good and very experienced at this kind of scenario. A casual drummer that has never done this before, would (probably) have trouble staying with an Arranger keyboard which is playing drums/styles. (just my thoughts) ...

Jim

Edited by jimlaing (06/18/19 10:07 AM)