Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Donny, I have a $1 bill that says I can practice day and night, night and day for the rest of my life and I won’t become a Joey D, or any other great musician.

Be the best that YOU can be !!!

hmmmm where did I hear that before ? wink

smile smile smile

Originally Posted By Jerry T
Joey D was a child prodigy. Years ago, (feels like a lifetime ago), I did music comedy for a variety show (remember variety shows) - singers, dancers, comedians, big band, acrobats etc. A 14-15 year old Joey D. was featured on a B3 with his father (a fine horn player) and a drummer. For these shows, I did “floor comedy” between acts - curtain drawn as they set up for the next act. I remember well, when Joey performed, the guys in the big band and other music acts were on top of each other in the wings trying to get a glimpse of this kid. He was/is a phenom.

Great story Jerry, thanks for posting that one. I just took a look at Joey’s Wikipedia article and found this :

“DeFrancesco began playing the organ at the age of 4 and was playing songs by Jimmy Smith verbatim by the time he was 5. His father John began taking him to gigs from the age of 5, letting him sit in on sets.[10] “

Edited by Stephenm52 (06/10/19 07:01 PM)