Originally Posted By Torch
Between Bachus and Dan, the Yamaha MODX88 sounds very appealing to me. It looks huge, but only 30 LBS. I can live with that. The MODX combined with vArranger... as Dan mentioned sounds good to me though I thought I would never buy another big workstation type of a keyboard. I am waiting for a new model that will replace Casio's PX5s or the PX560 but now I am considering the MODX88 also.

The MODX 8 is on par with the Kronos where it comes to sound quallity. Its incredible light (lighter then my Genos) The keybed is on par with the CAsio's same level. Touch is on the light side tough.

For using with VArranger, it has 2 very nice advantages. the ease of use is incredibly easy. And there is enough room for both a Korg nano kontrol and a korg nanopad, witouth obstructing anything. Next patch will have the improved DAW controll section of the Montage.

IF Dan can make it fully integrate with Varranger (which no doubt will happen as he did do this for the Motif XF series and they should be backward compatible) then the combo VArranger/MODX becomes even stronger.

If the Varranger would have multipads, it would be on par feature wise with the top Totl arrangers.

http://keyszone.boards.net