Originally Posted By Scottyee
Hi Sunster,
Congratulations on choosing the Korg Pa1000. Coming from over 18+ years playing Yamaha Arrangers, my sentiments match yours. On a whim, I had a chance to audition and compare a Korg Pa1000 side by side with both a Yamaha Genos and Korg Pa4X and the the Pa1000 immediately won 'for me'. In addition too it's ultra compact size & weight & incredible 'bang for the buck' price, love having built in speakers to act as personal on stage monitors, or even used alone for smallest casual gigs. I especially appreciate Korg's uncompressed sound idea for live performance venues. IMHO Yamaha is great for a more studio produced sound whereas Korg is idea for a live venue sound. Love Korg's chord sequencer used on the fly in live performance as well.

Originally Posted By sunster
I miss the sustain button from the s970 and don't use a pedal. Is there any way to assign sustain for the piano on the assignable switch on the pa1000?

No. The Pa1000's assignable (hand controller) switches functions does not include sustain. See list of assignable switch function on page 815.

Edited by sunster (02/04/19 01:35 AM)