Mark
Maybe I shouldn't admit this but Some Sat. nights, to my wifes great amusment, I channel surf and will watch a few minutes of a unique music show. Molly B's Polka Party. LOL ! She has a variety of bands doing Polka and Waltz music for live dancing audiences. I'm guessing most of this takes place in the upper mid-west but every band has at least one accordion. Most are very mediocre but a few can really play. I enjoy all kinds of music if its good and it surprizes me that such a style is so alive and well. The only time I heard anything like it was at the German Club I belonged to in NJ.
She herself is a very talented multi-instrumentalist ( yes accordion plus sax and trumpet ) and a classicly trained singer. I usually hate Christmas Shows but watched the whole hour of hers and it was enjoyable. Corny as the others for sure but as over produced and fake. They even did a song with 4 accordions and no other instruments.
And right after that show is Larry's Country Diner with some real down home Country Music !