Hardware is expensive, but in general our arrangers can do it all. And when you sell your hardware after a few years, it brings back quite some money. Used hardware is ever popular. So you get a nice downpayment for your new keybord.

Software is not as expensive as hardware, but requires a somewhat expensive pc or mac. Some software can be sold as used software, some can’t. But selling software is hard to near impossible.. in the end tis solution offers everything you would ever wish for where it comes to high end sounds and verstatallity and quallity. With backward compatibillity of these OS, your pckage will be guaranteed to work for a huge time..

And then there is the ipad apps, they are cheap, offer the same quallity of hardware and VST’s, and are easilly accesible.. but you can not sell them, and once a producer quits support, they will probably not work with future versions of IOS..

The biggest advantage of a hardware solution is that everything works out of the box.. and that in for exampkes arrangers, there is a huge amount of ready to go content. And thats probably the reason that many are still confident (i am) with their expensive hardware.. personally i have come to the conclusion that i only use software to fill in the holes that the hardware leaves in my desire..

http://keyszone.boards.net