Well I must confess to being a DA. I thought the EA7 had another problem with the sliders. I couldn't hear any of the style parts except bass and drums. I worked the sliders up and down, nothing. I was certain to see that the indicator lights were on. I didn't want to take time to reboot, right in the middle of the last set with a roomful of people, so I finished the night with drums bass and lead sounds.
I took it home and booted it up and everything was fine. Time to investigate. I knew about the Track Mute button because I use it when I play some midi files. I didn't realize that it worked on style parts too, and the default is "mute all the parts". I actually had that function assigned to a programmable button. The error, once again, was with the user.
Love the EA7 by the way!
P.S. Spent an hour or so moving UPGs into alphabetical order. I only have about 70 so far. From now on I'll move the new ones to the proper place each night! It wasn't a hard process, but I'm glad I did it now rather than wait until I had a couple of hundred.