Amazing when we consider all the major technological "advances" that happened within the last 25 or 30 years. Most made possible by an engineer at Texas Instruments in the form of the micro-chip.

Speaking of computers (and I've owned more than a few)... one of my favorites was the Commodore Amiga. It had the same master chip as the Apple MacIntosh but could run rings around most of the PCs and other machines available at that time. Remember when a 1 MB Hard Drive was the size of a brick and cost nearly $500. bucks?

When it comes to Keyboards, I know so little... sticking mainly to Yamaha PSR models beginning with the 2000, then a 910 and finally a 970. I took a brief tangent with a Korg Micro Arranger but lacked the patience to learn how to properly use it. Sure sounded good for such a small gizmo.

Looking backwards from a very limited perspective... it appears to me that most of the Yamaha Arranger advancements have been in software and firmware. Most of the layouts are strikingly similar... and thus easier for an old geezer to adapt in an upgrade. I do wish they would work on the pricing to make these marvelous units more affordable for young talents.

Happy New Year, everyone from West Mayberry!

Edited by Riceroni9 (12/29/18 05:42 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling