Very creative, Jim. As for getting ANY manufacturer to go along with modifications, they really don't want to hear that they didn't do something right the first time around. I went through this with Rock And Roller when I redesigned the top tier for my R-10. The top shelf they came up with was heavy, very difficult to install, took up lots of room in the van and expensive. I came up with something very simple, easy to attach, very lightweight and inexpensive. I talked with the guy that actually designed the top rack - he could have cared less and pretty much told me he was the engineer, I didn't know what I was doing and to go F off and hung up the phone. Same thing happened when I offered to rewrite some user manuals for Yamaha and Lowrance. They never even responded to my letters or emails on the subject. Anyone that has sat down with a Yamaha arranger keyboard user manual will tell you it is a nightmare in print. Same is true for Lowrance GPS/Plotter user manuals - they may as well be written in an ancient language - horribly written.

Good luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)