Hello,

Forgive me if I should not be posting here regarding the sx-pr604 ensemble piano, but I can't seem to find any active technics piano forums - and you seem the sort of folks who might be able to help....

I am thinking about purchasing a 604 (or a Yamaha CVP203), but have a few questions/issues.

** I prefer the piano sound of the 604 but much prefer the electric pianos on the 203 (as a sad 80's throw back, I love the yamaha DX style electric pianos). Any opinions ?

** How well is midi functionality implemented, as I would like to use the 604 as a master keyboard to drive my Korg O1W/Pro, EMU Proteus 1 and very occasionaly an Ensoniq ESQ1.

** How good are the styles/fills/intros/etc on the 604 as compared to the 203 ? I have used the styles on a Yamaha Electone AR80 orgran and they seem pretty good, however I don't have much experience of "arranger" type functionality.

** I would like to be able to purchase and load styles on the 604 as you can on the 203. Is this possible ? Can I convert styles from the Technics arranger keyboards ?

** Lastly, can I load different sounds from other technics instruments ? Is this what NX Sound compatible means ?

My dealer is can only demo the main features, he does not really know about midi, expandability etc.

Hope it was not too long a post.

Best regards and look forward to hearing from you !!
George King