Originally Posted By hammer
Thanks to everyone for the input. Keep in mind this is for a 9 year old who might or might not even like the experience once started and no one else in the family plays therefore resale value is important too. I don't want a piece of junk but also do not want to spend a fortune on the keyboard and do not need a "furniture" piece.

One of the problems with young children is finding a knowledgeable teacher who know how to keep them interested and not try to turn them into a concert pianist while at the same time teaching them the basic fundamentals. They want to learn how to play songs and have fun learning.

Deane
Kraft Music always has bundles for the same price of a digital piano whether it's a Yamaha, Casio, and etc. https://www.kraftmusic.com/digital-pianos-and-keyboards/sale#/sort:final_price:asc

For home, I'd look into the Casio PX160 with a wood finish stand. The PX160 features 128 polypony, more powerful speakers than the Yamaha P45. I am classically trained on the piano, and I like the Casio PX series keyboard action.
Digital Pianos At Kraft Music from the Lowest Price
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32