Too far north for armadillo here, and they're not real tasty from what I've been told. wink

Nigel, the deer herds here are massive, mainly because they have no natural predators anymore. The big cats were killed off more than 200 years ago in Maryland. Consequently, the deer are so overpopulated that we now have an average herd density of 200 deer per square mile, while the woodlands can only support about 60 deer per square mile. Hunters have only a marginal impact on the herd growth rate, thus the deer face starvation every winter. They have consumed all the understory plants in the forests and have taken to eating things they wouldn't get near in the past.

Some folks enjoy the taste of venison, and if I recall correctly, California was the first state to introduce it to the health food stores, but not it is available nationwide. My family ate venison for about a decade, but we grew tired of it and went back to beef and pork.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)