Hi Tim, I own a Kn7000, and I just bought Tyros. I understand what you are feeling, the Yamaha is special. I'm not trying to be funny here, just make a point Many, many years ago my girl friend was so different, so special, there were things about her that I wanted, so I divorced my wife and married her. That was a decision bassed on an emotion---Wisdom came latter, I know now how wrong the decision was, I allowed no time to understand the whole picture.

IMO---The K7 is so far ahead of the Tyros in instrument sound quiality, construction, and there is no comparison with the sequencers.
The over all sound is beautiful.

So if that's the case why do I feel the Tyros sounds better?

IMO--The Tyros was designed for dance, for heavy strong basses and drums. Great for dancers. It leans more to contemp. music. After many years of professional playing. What I am used to hearing is coming from the Tyros, not the K7.

Each keyboard offers something different--If I was to sell one, it would be the Tyros.
In my home I want the the best, finest, pure, real-like sounds that I can afford.
When I played the Grand Piano and Trumpet on the Tyros, I was ready to send it back--Wrong! These are my two favorites instrument sounds.

They are both great keyboards---if you are working with mostly midi songs, Yamaha is better, much better. If you wish to create your own sequence, no contest, the K7 is much better.

You know, if I only could have combined the best parts of my wife and girl friend, Wow!!
And so it is with your two keyboards.

Here's is MY solution;

1-Keep the K7, and create good drums and basses I can.
2-Have less instruments playing on all the driving songs. Disco, shuffle, rock.
3-It is a tool, with time I can do fantastic things with it. I have a good electric drum I can add to the K7, it would then have better drums than the Tyros.
4-I ordered a psr2100, I changed the order and bought a Tyros. Although it's nice having two high end keyboards, it was not the best decision. The best of both worlds would be a K7, and the psr2100.It's smaller, great for small venues, and it cost less.
This would give me the features of both keyboards. It will also give me a backup instrument.

Tim, IOM, you are doing great, with a time you can reach a point you could never reach with the psr2100, the psr2100 does fall short in many areas. I loaned my K7 to a friend for a week, great idea. When I get it back, I will be in a position to give a good evaluation.
One other thing, I feel really blessed to have two great keyboards. Nice.

Enjoy, John C.

Hey Tim, You'll never ever know if I really had a girlfriend and divorced a wife, hee hee he