Alec,
Good points.
Bank A is default for me (not the keyboard) because I choose to only use bank A as a starting point for each song.
I do this for uniformity.
Also, some of my song setups utilize more than eight panel memory positions and since the keyboard (footswitch controlled) steps progressively through the panel memories (A1 thru A8, then B1 thru B8, ETC), I like to have more than one panel memory available when developing a song.
Again, I do this for uniformity. If all my saves are the same, it is much easier to not make mistakes during live play before an audience.
Another thing that I do is to use a "safety net" footswitch setting in my last usable panel memory position.
In the last position that I am going to use, I set the footswitch to take me back to A-1. That way if I am not paying strict attention to where I am in the Panel memory during live play, I don't have the embarassing result of suddenly jumping into some unwanted strange rhythm that was not intended. It only had to happen to me once or twice before I figured out how to protect me from myself!
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 07-14-2003).]