Warning RANT : Lots of coffee and phone calls this AM

I've gotten a few calls from senior groups here for Holiday ( They're still not over the Merry Christmas / Hanukan battle yet )
Do you have this date open ? "Yes'
What do you play ? " Anything you want but I know what works from experience"
Are you loud ? " No"
Do yuou sing ? 'Yes'
Do you take lots of breaks ? 'No"
Do you do line dances ? "Yes"
Do you dance or teach the steps ? 'Sometimes"
Do you have lights ? "Yes'
Do you have insurance ? "Yes"
Here's the only question that matters after all this BS.
What do you charge ? " OK my wheels start turning trying to guage a fair price.
I give them what I think is a fair price and add I can work on it a little if that matters. "
OK, I have to talk to the committe ( they all use this line and I hate it ) and we'll get back to you.
Two weeks goes by, I swallow my pride and call saying I'd like to firm up the date.
Oh I'm sorry but we got someone less expensive.
Why the H*** didn't you just say we only have x amount of dollars in the first place and I would of said yes or no ? And how about the courtesy of a call back ?
This is not one incident but the same sceniero a number of times. These people are not charity cases. They live in upscale communities.

And for Gary, the NHs here pay $75 -- no thanks. Yet charge 4K a month to live there.

I told you all it was a rant. Just wanted to share with someone who understands the business. Thanks for your patience.