As the saying goes "I have no horse in this race" ... but ...

Originally Posted By cgiles

Tony, as several commenters noted, there are several places in the video where she appears to be lip-syncing.

... but definitely no Whitney Houston.

OTOH, she makes a helluva great waitress. I'd probably leave her a fat tip, regardless of her waitressing skills smile smile .

chas

Perhaps ... but who is she lip-synching to ? ... that's certainly not Whitney Houston ...

I don't think ANYONE said she was "Whitney Houston" ... as I posted above, there was only one Whitney ...

She IS a very good waitress, as we have had her wait on us a couple of times - she is very attentive to the tables she serves ...
We had no idea that she sang until the other night when she and a few other staff members were singing Happy Birthday to the table next to us ... her voice rang out above the rest, so we started talking to her about singing ...
She is a 21 year old kid with a dream ... If she makes it, good for her ... I've heard a lot worse on the radio ... and if she doesn't make it, she is STILL a very good waitress ... wink

I don't care if the guy makes his own backing tracks or not, the guy can flat out SING ... which was my point to begin with ... Perhaps he is singing in the streets for two reasons:
1) to make some money:
2) to publicize himself ...

Whatever, it still points out the fact that there is a LOT of great talent out there that goes unrecognized ...
In fact, that's why I worked in an office for 40 years instead of being a 'rock star' ... laugh2 dance rocker

Edited by tony mads usa (06/18/18 03:55 PM)
Edit Reason: typo