Originally Posted By john smies

In all honesty I haven't got a clue where this is coming from all of a sudden. This module has been around for five years and is reputedly the follow up to the SD2 module which I owned ( ...twice..) Was not a bad combination with a Korg arranger , all the more so as you can fairly easily program stuff into the memory of the former Korg models, referring to the Ketron module.
However to the best of my knowledge and from what I gathered from the forums this unit, being rather pricey, adds some good samples in comparison to the SD2 and SD4 (kind of double SD2) but apparently has also dropped some good stuff from the SD2.
All in all pretty old wine in new barrels, no buttons or sliders to speak of and like I said quite hefty on the purse stringgs, at least here in Holland ( 500 euros, well over 600 bucks)
Seriously Fran, it may add some juice and colour to your trusted G70 but it does not add all that much to the current generation of keyboards, though in all fairness it should be said that the wellknown strongholds of Ketron ( drums, bass, sax, musette) still stand out....

regards
John

John, I did not buy the SD1000 to enhance the G70....The G70 still stands alone at the top of my gear..

The SD1000 did improve drastically, my Yamaha np v60... and the software synths that are shipped with One Man Band..

My interest in the SD1000 was for a single purpose..to use with my Code61 controller as a compact standalone combination..

BTW.. The Yamaha was on the bottom of my gear list.. the weak EP's finally caused me to give it to my 14 year old granddaughter.. ( my 19 year old grandson passed on it) smile