I have a Technics PR900 digital piano in a highly polished cherry wood. I bought it in 1991. It's full retail price in the UK at that time was £2,199 and with the part exchange allowance, I paid £1,500. Today, in the UK they are still fetching around £1,000 depending on their condition.

It has excellent piano, organ, choirs, strings and various other voices and really good 'make-you-want-to-dance' rhythms. The keys are weighted and the velocity, and after touch, can be altered according to
your needs.

You can play it as a straight piano, or there are several options e.g. basic, advanced, variations, piano mode etc., which offer rhythms already set up for you to play.
The Glen Miller and jazz setup are excellent.

I still like and play mine at least once a week, but I must point out that the overall sound although very good, is not as good as today's instruments. However, if played through an audio speaker system, you'd barely notice the difference.

I don't know how many dollars would equate to £1,000, but I would certainly buy it if it's offered around that price. Apart from anything else, it is a very smart looking piece of furniture and looks great in my sitting room.

Hope this helps.

Audrey