I’ve had my Genos a little over a month. Been putting about two hours a day, minimum, on it since I got it. Had my first gig with it yesterday.

Genos is different than any keyboard I’ve had in the past.

First off, it’s 76 Keys....I’ve come to love that feature.

Genos has few dedicated buttons or sliders...almost everything can be assigned. I like that feature but it can also be a bit strange.

For instance, there’s no dedicated fader button. I didn’t think about that when I set up my master registration. So, on each of the 250 songs/registrations I have done, if I want the fader function, I have to go back and set that up on each song.

In other words, there’s very few Global settings. This can be both a blessing and a curse. So far, for me, I like the assignable features so it’s more a blessing.

One thing that’s interesting...Playlist works much like Songbook on the PA4X. If I edit a song on a playlist, it refers back to the original registration. That means that a song I edit on one playlist will update on other playlists that have that song. At least that’s what it looks like now.

Regarding Genos vocal processing, Yamaha must have updated it because it sounds as good(dare I say better?)to me as the TC Helicon.

Voices and styles are so good sounding to me that I enjoy hearing them as much as the audience does. smile

I read complaints/concerns about Genos on other forums. I wonder how many of those concerns are just tied to not understanding how Genos works?

The Genos is pricey but it’s obvious Yamaha put thought into this keyboard. The biggest thing I see is that with the many assignable features, and updated OS, I can end up with a new keyboard from time to time....without actually having to buy a new keyboard.

I guess what I’m saying...nice job Yamaha on the Genos. clap