The best style I have for Cajun songs, and I performed a half dozen at most, is a bluegrass style that I modified just for Jambalaya. You can slow it down and use if for a number of other Cajun songs as well. You can use this same style for some Mardis Gras songs as well, which I have done in the past. Keep in mind, though, that Fats Domino wrote many of the more popular Mardis Gras songs, so that fats style works fairly well on those particular songs. I slowed the style down to 88 in order to perform Adilida and used the "D" Variation, while for Jambalaya I I ran the style at 113 BPM, which is much faster than the old Hank Williams rendition, but I was always able to get a bunch of cloggers up on the dance floor at that speed. I used the same settings for Good Hearted Woman. You will find some great OTS settings on the attached style file as well, but you can easily change them to anything you wish.

All the best,

Gary cool

Attachments
Bluegrass2.S728.STY (123 downloads)

Edited by travlin'easy (02/17/18 11:36 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)