Some of you have let me know you want me to continue my babble...er thoughts on Genos. 😋

First off, I haven’t decided yet whether or not I’ll keep it. Biggest issue for me is forking out the $$$. That said, current prices I’ve found on the Genos are close to the Korg 4X 76 Key.

Spent about four hours so far today with it...mostly with the Bose S1. I also hooked up my Yamaha DXR10 and then my SSV.3. All three PA’s sounded good to me..my master EQ was flat. My favorite is still the Bose.

Soundwise, I’ve come to believe Genos has the edge over my 4X...vocals/sounds especially and Genos styles are well done...very alive much more so than my S970 and on par with the 4X.

Build quality considering sliders, knobs and keybed...to me the 4X seems a bit better built.

I like the Genos navigation system...well thought out...would work well for live play for me.

By the way, I found those piano styles(Bernie maybe posted?) for S970 and tried them on Genos. Fun...👍👍👍👍

I’m still in the honeymoon phase with Genos but I think if I was choosing a 76 key today between 4X and Genos...I think I would choose Genos. That said, I already have the 4X...great keyboard and buying the Genos would mean a bit of a $$$ committment for me...still might do it. 🤔

If you all get tired of these reflections...just don’t respond and I’ll keep my thoughts to myself. 😊

Edited by guitpic1 (02/02/18 12:08 PM)