Originally Posted By Fran Carango
You notice, the entertainer is ignored in the street performance video grin

He is there for ambience, just filling in the dead space..

Personally I would not want to see this kind of entertainment.. Sure I have many times supporting friends that use this method (most are female singers I know)..

This concept is karaoke...

While I am on the entertainment subject.... The reason I would "want" to see a band or solo act is musicianship as in playing with some skill..

Vocals are totally over-rated... the average singer is just that ,, average. smile

After 4 or 5 songs I am bored by vocals... the only saving grace to me is their ability to perform on instruments too..

Sing to a laptop...I'll pass.. if I have a choice..

Now I could sit through a couple sets with good players... A jazz guitarist that can play... great chords that get my attention wink

Or a piano player that does the same.... or a sax that sounds like it is singing..
That drummer that shows me what brushes are for... and a bass player that is on the same page as the drummer.. smile

Agree with every word. And those that don't aren't judging MUSIC, they're judging 'entertainment', which could be anything from going to a dog show to watching a XXX-rated movie. I guess if that meets your criteria for 'getting the job done', then (musically) you've set a very low bar for yourself. Yep, it's karaoke alright (AND the difference between that and playing with self-made arranger tracks is, at best, a grey area). JMO.

chas

PS: I LUV being able to agree with Fran; it happens so seldom smile smile.