First – to all those who help me understand their method of setting up my Yamaha S970 – THANK YOU.

My learning took place on a Technics keyboard; eight registration and ten banks. If A B C banks were added then there were 13 banks. The S970 has 8 registration and 10 banks per page. Both had a filter. (What you wanted to be saved) Yamaha has added a few options.
My mistake is that I wanted to know what system was best to use; the registration or the Music Finder. I am using both on my S970:
1-Banks – view 10 banks. Use 9 banks to set up songs and one bank to set up Instruments, the style is filtered. Up to 72 songs and one band setups – Sax section, all Piano, Trumpet solo Ect.----

Music Finder:
All the songs are setup with a two letter code AA Big Band –BB Big Band Med —CC Big Band up –- DD Rock Slow ----- There are nine different setups. I use the search to select.

I’m a happy camper, John C.

PS, someone asked if songs are edited after they are put into the SongBook. I put them into Music Finder (SongBook) and edit them when needed.