You're right about mini-dv being a hassle, starting with needing a firewire (dated) interface to get your footage into a computer. Other than that though, it appears to be a nice little camera. When it was intoduced (@2006) it went for about $5k. You can still get a new one (although discontinued) for about 3-4k or about 800-1200 for a used one. The one I got (at an excellent price) is absolutely like brand, spanking new. I haven't taken it out for a test drive yet as I'm still trying to learn all the functions and not fall victim to the 'all auto' thing. Maybe this weekend. Actually I've ordered a mini-dv to digital unit to take some of the hassle out of getting it into ANY computer (ie. without firewire). I'm also looking into a MOTL video editor/movie maker software package that's user friendly enough to penetrate my thick skull (sounds like you're the MONEY and Logan is the BRAINS behind YOUR operation smile smile smile ). Truth is, I probably should have gone with a new, good-quality prosumer unit for the ease/simplicity of use and nearly-as-good picture quality, but you know how geeks are; the more buttons, the more irresistible the gadget smile. Talk to you later.

chas