Originally Posted By hammer
Just have to tell this story. New Years Eve I played a daytime gig for 2 hours at a very upscale Independent living place. A lady sitting about 6 feet from me was noticeably really enjoying the music. She got up and stood behind me to watch me play. I began to notice here softly singing the songs as I played. Every so often she would place a hand on my shoulder and ask if she was bothering me. I told her no and went on. She stayed there for about 40 minutes - softly singing and humming as I played. Twice other residents came up and asked her to join them at their table because she was alone at her table - but she refused. I noticed once she seemed to be crying but kept on playing. After I stopped playing she again placed her hand on my shoulder and thanked me for the music and memories. As I was leaving a man stopped me and told me her husband of over 50 years passed away just 5 days ago! Wow! We never will totally understand what we bring to these people besides the music.

Deane

That's what I miss about playing nursing homes. I wish the market were different here. Keep up the good work Deane!