I listened to the demo on my JBL LSR 2328P studio monitors hooked up to my office computer and although the Korg Piano is comparable in quality to the Genos CFX Grand Piano for the most part the other instrument sounds I think the Genos win hands down in my humble opinion except perhaps that particular theater organ voice which sounds better on the Korg.

The Genos has a fuller, richer sound if you listen closely on a good set of speakers. I'll listen to the demo again on my Mackie HR8mk2 speakers which will give me a more accurate representation since the Mackie's have an even flatter frequency response. The Korg is of course $1,500 less in price than the Genos but you can acquire a Genos for quite a bit less then the MAP price if you search around so the price disparity is not that great if you in fact get a great deal on a Genos.

Now the Korg Pa4x is also a great sounding arranger make no mistake. And please understand I'm trying to be unbiased in my critique of both keyboards. Either keyboard would be a great choice but Yamaha's claim that the Genos is the most advanced sounding arranger to date is a credible statement or else Yamaha would not have made such a claim. Yamaha Japan probably did a side by side comparison of both keyboards before releasing the Genos to the public in order to verify their claim. I think the Korg excels in B3 organ emulation although the Genos B3 sound is definitely an improvement over the Tyros 5. To each his own I reckon. I see Donny thinks the Korg wins hands down and yes everybody is entitled to their own opinion. cool

All the best,

Mike

Edited by keybplayer (12/14/17 04:40 PM)